Early Childhood Education is the best investment that any country can make today. Children are an integral part of society, and therefore proper upbringing through an early education program is paramount in the later life of the children.
What is Early Childhood Education?
Early Childhood Education is the formal and informal teaching that children of up to eight years of age receive. It can be done either from home or at formal setups such as schools.
As an individual interested in ECE, James Cook University Singapore says you will discover every child’s world in its early years as each child is unique. Below are some of the things that you are supposed to learn as an ECE teacher:
• You will learn about the development stages that range from birth to around five years of age.
• Acquire knowledge about child development domains, and how to support development in each
• Learn about the development of the brain of a child.
• The importance of playtime for a child
• Behavior guidance for toddlers
• Understanding children’s needs in their development
• The laws that guide children care internationally.
• Taking risks as appertains a child’s development and learning
• The importance of reciprocity and attachment
Long-term Benefits of Early Childhood Education
Giving high-quality education to children under the age of five has undeniable befits.
• According to a study by HighScope Perry Preschool Study, individual that underwent quality early education are likely to earn more than those who did not. They are also likely to own homes and have long lasting relationships.
• The Abecedarian Project studies show concludes that such children do not repeat grades, do not need extra coaching, and they don’t get on the wrong side of the law.
• Undergoing quality education at an early stage is a good economic investment as we are likely to raise sober-minded individuals who will contribute to the economy positively.
The scope of early childhood education is evident in the prosperity and longevity of the advantages the program has on children. Both studies and the contemporary societal views agree with its advantages, so make a point of seeing any child aged less than eight years goes through the program.